Thursday, August 13, 2009

Flickr: Fun Photoshare





Flickr, a fun and useful photo sharing community! At last, a way to obtain images to use in this educational blog! I’d previously used pictures found on Google images, but being unsure of copyright restrictions I deleted them to be on the safe side. So I’ve set up my own account and can use it for networking, education and sharing with family and friends. There are also groups to join that relate to different topics and you can search for images using tags and tag clusters. Another advantage is the ability to upload high definition images.

I’m a very visual learner and find scrolling through text unengaging, finding I skip paragraphs that don’t have images. Flickr images can be the sparkle in the text and used to enhance powerpoint presentations, blogs, wikis, posters and many other teaching tools. I easily created my own account and have shared my own pics. So now I’ve added an image from Flickr to each of my blog posts, just so the visual learners out there will be more inclined to read everything.

Source

Images courtesy of Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment