Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Power of PowerPoint

PowerPoint is an educational tool I find especially useful in presentations, lectures and introducing a course or topic. ‘A picture can tell a thousand word’ and PowerPoint uses visual as well as audio making presentations more memorable, interesting and giving visual learners added benefits. It's become an essential ICT in many learning environments, particularly adult education.

I decided to test my abilities by creating a PowerPoint that could be used in primary schools to introduce a topic in SOSE. It’s a short story about a girl who uses the internet to make friends and connections with other children from all over the world. Using Microsoft paint, I drew original childlike pictures for clip art to illustrate and animate my story. I had used PowerPoint before, but never experimented with the animated options. Now I’m addicted and have transitioned every page using different effects, made clip art enter from off the screen, made arrows spin and text flash! If I have time I'd like to convert it to video and embed it in this post, but for now I’ve posted a couple of slides below...















No comments:

Post a Comment